SUPPORT OUR DISASTER RECOVERY EFFORTS
When you donate to Compass 82, you afford us the opportunity to travel to devastated communities and jumpstart the recovery process for disaster survivors. Leveraging our combined 60+ years in on-the-ground emergency management and disaster recovery, our no-cost educational workshops, lectures, and face-to-face conversations connect displaced individuals and families to local, regional, federal, and nonprofit resources that are essential for navigating every step of recovery and ensuring their return home.
We believe no one should go uninformed or alone after a natural disaster. With your help, Compass 82’s extensive knowledge, experience, and network of partners will ensure displaced and devastated survivors receive the hands-on guidance and support necessary for fast-tracking their recovery and getting their lives back on track.
Your donation helps us:
- Cover the cost of dispatching staff and volunteers to remote regions impacted by natural disasters
- Connect disaster survivors with local, regional, federal, and nonprofit resources for expediting recovery
- Staff and operate a toll-free 24-hour emergency helpline for displaced disaster survivors
- Create and ensure accessibility of step-by-step educational and recovery resources, including our tip sheets for Preparing For A Major Storm, Filing Your Flood Insurance Claim, and Navigating Disaster Fog.
- Host informational and educational workshops on emergency preparation and disaster recovery in catastrophe-prone communities
- Continually update our website with real-time alerts, updates, and news
Required Statement on Charitable Giving
Compass 82 has been designated as a public charity by the Internal Revenue Service. Our EIN is 46-3845002. Therefore, all contributions made to Compass 82 are tax deductible under section 170 of the tax code.
45:17A-38 Required statement regarding information on file.
OCLTRG Charities Registration #CH-3767800
Any printed solicitation, written confirmation, receipt or written reminder of a contribution issued by a charitable organization, independently paid fundraiser or solicitor concerning a solicitation or contribution on behalf of a charitable organization that is registered pursuant to this act shall contain the following statement which shall be conspicuously printed:
“INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING 973-504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfr REGISTRATION WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.”
L.1994, c.16, s.21; amended 2005, c.283, s.12