In an effort to ease the road ahead for disaster survivors and professionals, Compass 82 has incorporated its decades of disaster recovery experience, expertise, and problem-solving into publicly accessible educational workshops and trainings.
Immediately following a disaster, Compass 82 deploys a team of Disaster Recovery experts to conduct classes and workshops in impacted communities for homeowners, construction professionals, and volunteer groups.
Our professionals represent the following industries: disaster case management, construction, legal, zoning, insurance, social services, government (local, state, federal), utilities, mental health, and senior services
Workshop topics include:
- Understanding initial post-disaster steps
- Navigating homeowner and flood insurance coverage and claims
- Applying for state and federal programs
- Addressing mental and emotional paralysis (Disaster Fog)
- Contractor vetting (Licensing, Bonding, Insurance), proper contractor contracts
- Understanding loan specifications and how to interact with recovery grants
- New guidelines for rebuilding
- Adapting to a new normal
- Storm preparation for the future
- Practical suggestions on how volunteers can best serve survivors and the importance of recognizing how their relief efforts can complicate a homeowner’s recovery if done without foresight
In addition, Compass 82 also hosts educational workshops in disaster-prone areas to educate communities on the importance of preparedness and response protocols as well as planning disaster recovery.